Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Spa at The Samaya Villas, Bali



Upon entering the Samaya Villas you know you're stepping into a special place. After walking through the open air reception area and the lantern lined paths, the lagoon pool and the horizon stretched out before us. The Samaya is a well-maintained resort, although it appeared to be rather quiet at the time of our visit.

To make the day spa experience more "special" I had specifically chosen a spa outside of our hotel - a decision which I was very happy with! I pre-booked my mother and myself in for the Shita Ladies Package a four hour deluxe spa treatment - this included complimentary pick up from our Seminyak hotel. The spa manager promptly greeted us and offered us chilled lime juice. We sampled the massage oils on our skin settling on "relax" and "calm".

Guided into the couples room a "Wow!" escaped my lips.
"Do you like the room?" Ani, my therapist smiled.
Uh, absolutely!



Large windows framed the spectacular view of waves breaking onto the shore. The room contained a sofa with two foot spas, two massage beds with rose petals strewn across them, a jet spa, a bathroom, shower, steam room and wardrobe. Attention to detail was paramount, with the walk in wardrobe having little jewellery boxes for your accessories.

The treatment began with an all natural foot spa with fresh limes and sea salt. We had a chat to our therapists, who both lived in Denpasar city and ride their own motorbikes to work. Both our therapists looked incredibly youthful, but were in their early thirties with young families.

My mother asked about whether Bali was afected by the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami. Ani replied, "No, because we are guarded, protected by the Gods."

Our therapists began the aroma massage and asked if the pressure was all right. I prefer a firm massage to ease away my desk job-induced upper back and shoulder tension. The candlenut scrub followed feeling cool on my skin. After a quick shower, a lavendar body lotion was applied all over and my skin felt incredibly buffed and smoothed.

Our milk bath was prepared for us and I've always rather greenly thought that a milk bath involved a lot of full cream milk. It was actually milk powder added to the warm water, with lots of bubbles. We enjoyed a tea ceremony in the bath - a sharp tasting ginger tea and lempur which is a specialty Indonesian dessert - glutinous rice wrapped around mince chicken.

A Decleor facial ended the treatment in the ocean view room and we were ushered into the salon for an OPI spa pedicure.

The service at the Samaya was faultless, both our therapists were warm, patient and welcoming. Even when mine had to gently wake me up after my massage. A little too relaxed perhaps?





After the spa I felt like drifting away but we ended up having sunset cocktails followed by dinner at the Breezes restaurant. It's the only way to end a perfect day in Bali.



0 comments:

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2009-2010 Glampacker. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan