Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wanderlust Wednesday - New York City

Central Park, New York City, December 2006

New York. Concrete jungle where dreams are made of...

New York City holds a special place in my heart. It's where I spent my 21st birthday. I celebrated by visiting the MET, seeing the NYC Ballet perform the Nutcracker and having a Japanese dinner.

I've blogged about NYC at Christmas before. And this year I may, just may, be spending Christmas there again. Only this time it will be Christmas Day and all the way to New Year's Day.

There's so much I didn't do on my first trip that I'm already daydreaming about, such as:

  • iceskating at Rockefeller Centre
  • going to a basketball game
  • exploring all of Central Park
  • watching the ball drop in Times Square on NYE
  • eating a pretzel
  • gazing into the window of Tiffany & Co
  • going all the way to the top of the Empire State Building
  • shopping...ala SATC style

2 comments:

CL said...

Wow, I'll be in NYC on NYE this year as well! I'll be there for about a week, but from the 28th of Dec.

I'm not sure about seeing the ball drop live, though. I've heard you have to wait hours and hours to get a good spot, and it's freezing and you can't leave once you're in. I'm thinking of going to a rooftop bar instead and enjoy the view of the city and fireworks and everything from above.

Natasha said...

That's a great idea Coco. I think it's just the shared experience with heaps of strangers and seeing it with your own eyes in Times Square. I do know it will be utterly freezing!

I'm not very familiar with any rooftop bars in NYC so if you know any good ones let me know. Cheers!

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2009-2010 Glampacker. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan