Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wanderlust Wednesday - Cottesloe Beach, Western Australia






Yesterday, I went for a walk by the beach with my dog. For anyone familiar with Cottesloe Beach in Perth, Western Australia, the beach in the above photos is at northern end, past the groyne.


Perth has 19 sandy white beaches stretching along the West coast. In winter they're pretty quiet apart from joggers, dog walkers and die-hard surfers. This may be the last stretch of endless beach I see for awhile as I'm imagining the European beaches I'm about to visit are going to be rather different.


The beach smelt strongly of salt and seaweed. Despite Perth's recent cold snap, it was mild and pleasant. No strong seabreeze. Just gentle waves rolling in from the Indian Ocean. Perfect for some quiet contemplation in my last week in Perth.


That's my beautiful chow chow Ruski standing tall below. He loves the beach, but he's the only dog that prefers the dunes and rocks over the water!





1 comments:

juznie said...

Ruski is adorable!

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2009-2010 Glampacker. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan