Saturday, August 23, 2008

Made In China

My parents were lucky enough to visit Beijing during the Olympic Games last month. My mum came home singing "Wo ai Beijing" and my dad declared that they'd be going back one day. True story.

They saw Michael Phelps and Stephanie Rice in the WaterCube, hiked the Great Wall of China and bought a whole lot of stuff. Like Converse shoes, Tod shoes, pashminas, panda artwork, jeans, dresses etc. Actually I'm beginning to think that the shopping almost out-shadowed the touristy stuff they did...

My mother highly recommends Beijing Zoo Markets. Located in Xizhimen, her tip was to start bargaining at 1/5 of the price. You have to have nerves of steel to bargain right though, otherwise if you're price isn't right the shopowners get highly peeved at you and tell you to bugger off.

My fave new work outfit is a "Marc Jacobs" cardigan, which was about $12 AUD.



I doubt that shopping in Japan is anywhere near as cheap as in China. We'll soon find out.

0 comments:

Bookmark and Share
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Copyright 2009-2010 Glampacker. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan